Dublin, Ireland, 1967. Tim Booth and Ivan Pawle teamed together and formed the experimental Folk-Rock Band Dr. Strangely Strange. Together with a painter named Tim Goulding, in which's Girlfriends house they found shelter and a place to rehearse their songs. The Girlfriend was named Orphan Annie, and so the house was called by the other habitants of the building "The Orphanage". As many other Bands from around Britain they were found by the one and only Joe Boyd, the same that discovered The Incredible String Band (creating a connection between this Band and The ISB). And as such, in 1969 they manage to release their Debut and started a Tour with Sandy Denny's new Band Fotheringay, apart from playing in The ISB Album Changing Horses. in 1970, they released their Second Album, and the last one before the first break-up. Heavy Petting is great because of one simple thing, apart from being full of great melodic and instrumental moments and apart from having a young Gary Moore playing for them, is the laid back mood that it creates, making it an easy and joyful listen. They would soon break-up as above mentioned, when Goulding went to join a Buddhist Temple. Damn Buddhists.
Best Tracks - "Ballad Of The Wasps", "Summer Breeze", "Sign On My Mind", "Jove Was At Home", "When Adam Delved" and "Mary Malone Of Moscow". The Cover-Art is quite nice until we notice the face of the three members of the Band, which completely ruin the Cover.
Dr. Strangely Strange:
- Dave Mattacks - Drums, Percussion.- Johnny Moynihan - Bazouki.
- Jay Myrdal - Glockenspiel.
- Ivan Pawle - Organ, Bass, Mandolin, Guitar, Tin Whistle, Vocals, Keyboards, Harmonium, Piano.
- Heather Wood - Vocals.
- Brendan Shields - Bass.
- Tim Booth - Banjo, Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards, Harmonium, Bass.
- Jim Goulding - Organ, Fiddle, Vocals, Harmonium, Piano.
- Johnny Mounthay - Bazouki.
- Annie Xmas - Harmonium, Vocals.
- Brush Shiels - Bass.
- Johanna - Harmonium, Vocals, Keyboards.
- Jim Booth - Banjo, Bass, Harmonium, Vocals, Guitar.
- Annie Christmas - Keyboards, Vocals.
- Tim Goulding - Organ, Vocals, Keyboards, Fiddle, Piano, Violin, Harmonium.
- Linus - Percussion, Autoharp, Whistle, Finger Cymbals, Vocals.
- Gary Moore - Guitar.
- Andy Irvine - Mandolin.
Download in comments.